By John Phillips
John Phillips, English geologist (1800-1874)
This e-book offers «A Treatise on Geology», from John Phillips. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy selected.
Table of Contents
- approximately This Book
- Introductory View Of The items Of Geological Science
- common Reasonings in regards to the Substance Of The Globe
- sequence Of Stratified Rocks
- natural is still Of crops And Animals
- historic View Of The Stratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Post-tertiary And sleek Deposits
- Unstratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Mineral Veins
- glossy results of warmth within the Globe
- nation Of Geological Theory
- well known perspectives And low cost functions Of Geology
Read Online or Download A Treatise on Geology PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
This considerate and fascinating textual content demanding situations the commonly held proposal of technology as one way or the other open air of society, and the concept expertise proceeds immediately down a unique and inevitable direction. via particular case stories related to modern debates, this e-book indicates that technology and expertise are essentially a part of society and are formed by means of it.
A spouse book to the overseas exhibition 'Transcending culture: Jewish Mathematicians in German-Speaking educational Culture', explores the operating lives and actions of Jewish mathematicians in German-speaking nations through the interval among the felony and political emancipation of the Jews within the nineteenth century and their persecution in Nazi Germany.
This re-creation of the commonly learn Evolution in 4 Dimensions has been revised to mirror the spate of latest discoveries in biology because the ebook was once first released in 2005, providing corrections, an up to date bibliography, and a considerable new bankruptcy. Eva Jablonka and Marion Lamb's pioneering argument proposes that there's extra to heredity than genes.
This richly annotated facsimile version of "The beginning of common Relativity" introduces a brand new iteration of readers to Albert Einstein's conception of gravitation. Written in 1915, this striking record is a watershed within the background of physics and a permanent testomony to the beauty and precision of Einstein's inspiration.
- Scientific Realism: How Science Tracks Truth (Philosophical Issues in Science)
- Mapping an Empire: The Geographical Construction of British India, 1765-1843
- The Laboratory of the Mind: Thought Experiments in the Natural Sciences (Philosophical Issues in Science)
- Bioinsecurities: Disease Interventions, Empire, and the Government of Species (ANIMA)
- Diffusion of New Technologies in the Post-Communist World: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Marketing of High-Tech Know How St Petersburg, ... 13 (Nato Science Partnership Subseries: 4)
Extra resources for A Treatise on Geology