By Hans-Jörg Rheinberger,Timothy Lenoir
Read Online or Download An Epistemology of the Concrete: Twentieth-Century Histories of Life (Experimental futures : technological lives, scientific arts, anthropological voices) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
This considerate and fascinating textual content demanding situations the generally held concept of technological know-how as someway outdoors of society, and the concept expertise proceeds immediately down a novel and inevitable course. via particular case stories related to modern debates, this booklet exhibits that technology and know-how are essentially a part of society and are formed through it.
A significant other book to the foreign exhibition 'Transcending culture: Jewish Mathematicians in German-Speaking educational Culture', explores the operating lives and actions of Jewish mathematicians in German-speaking international locations through the interval among the criminal and political emancipation of the Jews within the nineteenth century and their persecution in Nazi Germany.
This new version of the commonly learn Evolution in 4 Dimensions has been revised to mirror the spate of latest discoveries in biology because the ebook was once first released in 2005, providing corrections, an up to date bibliography, and a considerable new bankruptcy. Eva Jablonka and Marion Lamb's pioneering argument proposes that there's extra to heredity than genes.
This richly annotated facsimile variation of "The starting place of common Relativity" introduces a brand new new release of readers to Albert Einstein's concept of gravitation. Written in 1915, this impressive rfile is a watershed within the heritage of physics and a permanent testomony to the beauty and precision of Einstein's concept.
- Science and the Myth of Progress (Perennial Philosophy)
- Beatlemania: Technology, Business, and Teen Culture in Cold War America (Johns Hopkins Introductory Studies in the History of Technology)
- Science: A History in 100 Experiments
- Weather by the Numbers: The Genesis of Modern Meteorology (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- Tides of History: Ocean Science and Her Majesty's Navy
- Cobalt Blues: The Story of Leonard Grimmett, the Man Behind the First Cobalt-60 Unit in the United States
Extra resources for An Epistemology of the Concrete: Twentieth-Century Histories of Life (Experimental futures : technological lives, scientific arts, anthropological voices)