By Dick Sheppard
Read or Download Titanic, Unintended Consequences PDF
Similar historical studies books
This edited quantity brings jointly some of the world’s top students of intelligence with a couple of former senior practitioners to facilitate a wide-ranging discussion at the important demanding situations confronting scholars of intelligence. The booklet offers a chain of files, the majority of that are released the following for the 1st time, followed through either assessment and observation sections.
The 3rd Reich's legacy is in flux. for a lot of the post-war interval, the Nazi period has been seen moralistically as a good interval of historical past intrinsically diversified from all others. because the flip of the millennium, in spite of the fact that, this view has been challenged via a robust wave of normalization.
Dominick LaCapra's background and Its Limits articulates the kinfolk between highbrow historical past, cultural historical past, and demanding conception, analyzing the new upward push of "Practice concept" and probing the constraints of conventional types of humanism. LaCapra makes a speciality of the matter of figuring out severe circumstances, in particular occasions and studies related to violence and victimization.
"Survivor Café takes on vital problems with atrocity, trauma, and reminiscence, rendering all of them with such nice readability and intimacy that the reader won't quickly fail to remember them, or this strong ebook. " —Viet Thanh Nguyen, Pulitzer Prize–winning writer of The SympathizerAs firsthand survivors of a number of the 20th century's such a lot huge events—the Holocaust, Pearl Harbor, the Killing Fields—begin to move away, Survivor Café addresses pressing questions: How will we hold these tales ahead?
- Marx and Engels's "German ideology" Manuscripts: Presentation and Analysis of the "Feuerbach chapter" (Marx, Engels, and Marxisms)
- Historiographie des Humanismus (Transformationen der Antike) (German Edition)
- Sentient Conceptualisations: Feeling for Time in the Sciences of the Past
- Knowing Future Time In and Through Greek Historiography (Trends in Classics - Supplementary Volumes)
- Sustaining Southern Identity: Douglas Southall Freeman and Memory in the Modern South (Making the Modern South)
- Historical Writing in Britain, 1688-1830: Visions of History
Additional resources for Titanic, Unintended Consequences